Academic Resources

If you find that you are struggling academically while on exchange at the University of Guelph and aren't sure what to do, talking to your Education Abroad Advisor is a good first step as they can connect you with services and resources.  Here is a list of some of the resources that are available to you:

The Learning Commons

A group of services found on the first floor of the McLaughlin Library including:

  • Research Help Desk - If you’re working on a paper or project and need help finding resources, this is the place to go.
  • Writing Services - Individual or group workshops on various academic writing skills. Many international and ESL students use this service for advice about their essays and research papers.
  • Supported Learning Groups - Study sessions for difficult classes (mostly first or second year) run by upper year students who have previously done well in the course.
  • Learning Services - Workshops, information sheets on study tips, stress management and more.

For more information, please visit the Library.

Student Accessibility Services (SAS)

If you have a visible, invisible, long term or temporary disability, the SAS can provide help and special accommodations. Located on the 3rd floor of the University Centre. For more information please visit the SAS Page or contact your Education Abroad Advisor.


The Tutoring Website help connects UofG students seeking academic assistance with University of Guelph students who provide tutoring, usually for a fee.

Science Commons

The Science Commons offers one-on-one help for students in mathematics and statistics, physics and chemistry courses.

Undergraduate Academic Information Centre (UAIC)

UAIC provides information about all academic support services on campus.

English Language Support

 The Library offers English Language Support in the form of free workshops and consultations on writing, reading, listening, and speaking. These services are available to graduate or undergraduate students in degree programs, postdoctoral fellows, visiting scholars, faculty members, or staff members with English as an additional language. 

If you are looking for English classes, the Upper Grand District School Board offers ESL classes for adults for a small fee.

Health and Wellness

For information about resources for your physical and emotional well-being, please visit our Health and Wellness Page.